until Thanksgiving

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Natural Health Alternative to blackheads & boils

Disclaimer: I am not a health care professional, just a mom who has seen, heard, touched and smelled quite a number of health conditions to which I have been intrigued to find the causes and treatments of. This is knowledge of personal research and on the job training in my home. Please seek the advice of a true health care professional.

Since I am interested in natural health and home remedies I received a request to blog about this topic. I was asked for advice on the natural treatment of blackheads and boils.
Blackheads are caused from oil and dirt clogging the pores. I like to use tea tree oil for blackheads. Tea tree oil is a natural antibiotic and antiseptic. You can dab a tea tree oil soaked cotton ball on the area three times a day. This will keep the area clean and the oil at bay. Zinc is a good supplement to take because it is also a natural antibiotic and it is good for the oil producing glands. It is recommended to take between 30-80 mg daily but not to exceed 100 mg. You can also rub apple cider vinegar on the area which will help keep the area clean and the pH of your skin balanced.
Boils are infections that usually form in a hair follicle or oil gland. They are contagious and the pus that drains from them can contaminate the skin around it. I would use a similar treatment plan as for the blackheads. I would also apply colloidal silver (a natural antibiotic) to the boil. I would also recommend doing Epsom salts baths.
Drinking plenty of water and eating lots of fruits and vegetables are always recommended since these cleanse the body of toxins. Sweating is also a natural way to cleanse the pores. So, go get on your tennis shoes and break a sweat!

To your health,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment